+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's visitor visa options

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm a permanent resident of Canada planning to marry my fiancée from Brazil next month. She currently resides in Brazil, and we're in the process of arranging her visit to Canada. However, we're concerned about the possibility of her visitor visa application being rejected. We're currently drafting an intention letter and exploring different options to increase the chances of success.

One option we're considering is for her to visit Canada for our honeymoon and then return to Brazil due to her commitments with her mother and work. Meanwhile, I would remain in Canada for a period before returning to Brazil later.

Alternatively, she could state her intention to come and live with me, with me sponsoring her permanent residence.

I would only return to Brazil if her visa is denied and I can support her if we stay in Canada.

Has anyone faced a similar situation or have any insights into the best approach? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm a permanent resident of Canada planning to marry my fiancée from Brazil next month. She currently resides in Brazil, and we're in the process of arranging her visit to Canada. However, we're concerned about the possibility of her visitor visa application being rejected. We're currently drafting an intention letter and exploring different options to increase the chances of success.

One option we're considering is for her to visit Canada for our honeymoon and then return to Brazil due to her commitments with her mother and work. Meanwhile, I would remain in Canada for a period before returning to Brazil later.

Alternatively, she could state her intention to come and live with me, with me sponsoring her permanent residence.

I would only return to Brazil if her visa is denied and I can support her if we stay in Canada.

Has anyone faced a similar situation or have any insights into the best approach? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
She needs to show her ties to return to Brazil (job letter with approved leave, business, investments etc.) Her mother is not a tie. She shows funds and travel history. You have to be in Canada to sponsor her PR. You need to remain in Canada during the process except for a quick visit (1-2 weeks).

Reactions: cld_canada

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
She needs to show her ties to return to Brazil (job letter with approved leave, business, investments etc.) Her mother is not a tie. She shows funds and travel history. You have to be in Canada to sponsor her PR. You need to remain in Canada during the process except for a quick visit (1-2 weeks).
She studies at the university. Does that help too?

Also, can we say in the letter I will support her during the travel period or should I transfer the money to her bank account?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She studies at the university. Does that help too?

Also, can we say in the letter I will support her during the travel period or should I transfer the money to her bank account?
She would show tuition paid, course registration so show she is returning to school. Don’t dump money into her account as it has to be documented where it came from plus you need to show 4 months of statements. You cannot really write a letter of invitation if you are not in Canada.

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
She would show tuition paid, course registration so show she is returning to school. Don’t dump money into her account as it has to be documented where it came from plus you need to show 4 months of statements. You cannot really write a letter of invitation if you are not in Canada.
Thank you for your response. I reside in Canada and plan to stay for a month on vacation, followed by a month of remote work. However, due to my permanent residence commitments here, I must return. Even if I were to return to Brazil, I would need to arrange for the sale of my personal belongings. Given my temporary absence from Canada, am I still able to write a letter of invitation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I reside in Canada and plan to stay for a month on vacation, followed by a month of remote work. However, due to my permanent residence commitments here, I must return. Even if I were to return to Brazil, I would need to arrange for the sale of my personal belongings. Given my temporary absence from Canada, am I still able to write a letter of invitation?
It is a letter of invitation so you write it as if you are living in Canada.

Reactions: cld_canada