+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Neice

gigar

May 11, 2024
I want to apply visitor visa to Canada for my niece who is 30 years old.
I am Canadian citizen. My question is for purpose of visit can I fill family visit ? Some are telling me family definition doesn't apply to niece/nephew.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I want to apply visitor visa to Canada for my niece who is 30 years old.
I am Canadian citizen. My question is for purpose of visit can I fill family visit ? Some are telling me family definition doesn't apply to niece/nephew.
She is applying and showing her own funds, travel history and ties to return. She is not your immediate nor extended family.

She can say family visit with SOP explaining purpose of her visiting you.

Reactions: gigar

gigar

May 11, 2024
I am filling the visitor visa on her behalf as representative. So for purpose of visit I can't say family visit. So I have to select tourism ?
I am covering all her expenses while she is in Canada. Does she still need to show proof of fund even if I provide bank statement ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am filling the visitor visa on her behalf as representative. So for purpose of visit I can't say family visit. So I have to select tourism ?
I am covering all her expenses while she is in Canada. Does she still need to show proof of fund even if I provide bank statement ?
She really needs to show her own proof of funds. Otherwise the chances of approval will be much lower.

Reactions: gigar and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Absolutely she has to show her own funds to afford a visit. She is 30 years old. Your bank statements don’t need to be considered and it raises red flags if you are covering all expenses. She can say family visit and your SOP explains relationship.

Reactions: gigar