+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal & Criminal charges

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
A son with a first dui since 2017 and he paid the fine in 2021 still waiting for a 5 years period to be able to do his pardon..

The son with cr8 permenant resident status he got his case in 2017 paid the whole fine in 2021.

His father doesn't have no criminal record in canada. He wants to renew his pr resident card. The question is:

Is the dui criminality of the son could effect the father permenant resident cr8 renewel in canada?

The son is adult not under age ..

The father is considering himself as a victim for the behavior of his son..

What is the best solution to save the father status in canada?
There’s nothing to save . The sons criminality is irrelevant to the fathers status

jet1963

Feb 1, 2024
I’m a permanent resident sonce 2021 and charged with first dui, but they are giving me conditional discharge with 1 year probation.
My presence in canada for citizenship will be satisfied in 2 weeks, Am I eligible to file citizenship? If yes when and conditional discharge will be a problem for getting citizenship?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m a permanent resident sonce 2021 and charged with first dui, but they are giving me conditional discharge with 1 year probation.
My presence in canada for citizenship will be satisfied in 2 weeks, Am I eligible to file citizenship? If yes when and conditional discharge will be a problem for getting citizenship?
I believe you have to wait until you have successfully completed the probation period. That's the `condition' that needs to be met in the conditional discharge, because if you fail to meet that condition, you may be charged.

Reactions: YVR123

jet1963

Feb 1, 2024
I believe you have to wait until you have successfully completed the probation period. That's the `condition' that needs to be met in the conditional discharge, because if you fail to meet that condition, you may be charged.
So after successfully meet the condition there won’t be a problem, like it would be a regular application and won’t have to declare any conviction right?
And under this probation time can i travel back to home country and US for shorter time?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. Just need some insights. We are PR but my common law partner was charged with criminal charge (being disruptive in public and resisting a police officer) this is the first time and only charges. Still awaiting court hearing. I do have a clean criminal record, will it affect my citizenship application? Thanks
You're a separate person, your spouse's issues won't affect your application.

Reactions: Ellabear