+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Somalinimo

May 27, 2024
Egypt
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Cairo
Hi all, am refugee from Somalia and live now in Egypt. See below my question: 1- Received my application on Jun 5 2023. 2- I received knowledgement on March 2024 Application completed and received my G. 3- Permanent Residence Application Status ( In Process) until today May 27 2024. My question is why they take too much time? When am gonna receive the approval ? After approval, what is the next step? What is the dateline PSR from Egypt?
Where to contact to check the application? Can I go directly or contact by email the Canadian embassy in Cairo?

Last edited:

Pinkangelma29

May 13, 2024
Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the

confirmation of your permanent residence status

You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).

Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue delays.

i got this e mail today is it portal 1 ?
i just replied it their questions

Reactions: Star55

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
2023 applicants

Y'all need to be patient and stop stressing about your applications as 2023 applicants. We are 2022 applicants and after 23months , they are only starting to finalize our files.

Reactions: Somalinimo

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi all, am refugee from Somalia and live now in Egypt. See below my question: 1- Received my application on Jun 5 2023. 2- I received knowledgement on April 10 2024 Application completed and received my G. 3- Permanent Residence Application Status ( In Process) until today May 27 2024. My question is why they take too much time? When am gonna receive the approval ? After approval, what is the next step? What is the dateline PSR from Egypt?
Where to contact to check the application? Can I go directly or contact by email the Canadian embassy in Cairo?

They are processing 2022 applications and hopefully they might reach yours. Otherwise google contact information online. Also, you need an appointment before appearing at any consulate/embassy in general .

Reactions: Somalinimo