+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit applied from Pakistan

Waseemshahzad

Oct 12, 2023
Hi, just wanted to ask something over here, I had applied for work permit in the last week of September 2023 and when I applied the IRCC website was giving estimated time of 11 weeks for processing which has now gone up to 53 weeks, was wondering what would that mean to me. Any ideaa

Reactions: kellimorris

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, just wanted to ask something over here, I had applied for work permit in the last week of September 2023 and when I applied the IRCC website was giving estimated time of 11 weeks for processing which has now gone up to 53 weeks, was wondering what would that mean to me. Any ideaa
Could be 53 weeks or less. Processing times change weekly so not based on where you applied. Are you under GSS/high skilled?

AghA13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I
Could be 53 weeks or less. Processing times change weekly so not based on where you applied. Are you under GSS/high skilled?
I also applied for a work permit as a postdoc under LMIA exception work permit for a specific employer and under TEER 1 of the National Occupational Classification. I applied from Sweden and when I applied the processing time was 5 weeks but today it changed to 65 weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I

I also applied for a work permit as a postdoc under LMIA exception work permit for a specific employer and under TEER 1 of the National Occupational Classification. I applied from Sweden and when I applied the processing time was 5 weeks but today it changed to 65 weeks.
Posted processing time are often incorrect and are estimated averages. I highly doubt it will be anywhere close to 65 weeks. Could be 3-6 months though. If you qualified under GTS that would speed up processing.

AghA13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Posted processing time are often incorrect and are estimated averages. I highly doubt it will be anywhere close to 65 weeks. Could be 3-6 months though. If you qualified under GTS that would speed up processing.
I was eligible for a two week processing time but today is the sixth week I have applied and there is no news from them.

maqlibni

Oct 10, 2023
2 week processing time is the fastest processing can be. In reality it can take months.
Mine was processed in three weeks now despite 60+ weeks displayed processing time, temporary and LMIA exempt (postdoc) job from outside (Sweden).

Rnipking

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hello i'm also applying for lmia exempt workpermit and process time is showing almost 40 weeks, in how much time u git ur visa ?