+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, I believe it is still with CBSA but why do they need so much time to process it? CSIS has already given them a recommendation/advice 10 months ago, what else does CBSA need to make a decision?

When ordering gcms notes, both IRCC and CBSA give me the same info, and security check information is almost completely redacted so I have no idea what is going on.
I searched online and CBSA usually takes longer time. It is called security screening.

randamfiles

Jun 2, 2016
Letter is generic not identifying any individuals as I last submitted the intention to sponsor.

[QUOTE:
I have received an invitation to apply for my parents and grandmother.
1. Do I need to submit application for all three separately, (Father, Mother and Grandmother)?
As I have read and information is confusing, as it suggest to add spouse to primary applicant while I am the one sponsoring My father and mother both.
2. I was going through documents and it is very confusing, how the applicant is supposed to fill IMM 5768 to correctly reflect the total number family members.

I want to make things as clear as possible for the Immigration officer. To avoid confusions
/QUOTE]

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Perhaps, but CBSA security for PA passed 13 months ago and security screening by CSIS for Dependant was completed 10 months ago. Still seems like an unusually long time.
CBSA check is called security screening, not CSIS.
PA passed CBSA check, but the principle applicant does not pass CBSA yet.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Letter is generic not identifying any individuals as I last submitted the intention to sponsor.

[QUOTE:
I have received an invitation to apply for my parents and grandmother.
1. Do I need to submit application for all three separately, (Father, Mother and Grandmother)?
As I have read and information is confusing, as it suggest to add spouse to primary applicant while I am the one sponsoring My father and mother both.
2. I was going through documents and it is very confusing, how the applicant is supposed to fill IMM 5768 to correctly reflect the total number family members.

I want to make things as clear as possible for the Immigration officer. To avoid confusions
/QUOTE]
yes, seperate applications for each individual including dependants

Rose12&

May 31, 2024
Hi everyone,
My parents got an invitation (2024). They don’t have marriage certificate and they are already in Canada on super visa. Should they go back to India to get certificate or should I proceed to complete file with an affidavit and adhar card. Please anyone suggest if you have had same situation in the past.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
CBSA check is called security screening, not CSIS.
PA passed CBSA check, but the principle applicant does not pass CBSA yet.
You are incorrect. I received a letter from CSIS after I submitted an ATIP request to them that states: "We have enclosed the Details and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of the Security Screening Request Number (SSRN) report for [Dep name]. Security screening case for [Dep name] is completed and our recommendation was issued to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on 2023 08 06."

So yes, CSIS referred to their processing as security screening. It is part of the same screening process, along with CBSA.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
You are incorrect. I received a letter from CSIS after I submitted an ATIP request to them that states: "We have enclosed the Details and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of the Security Screening Request Number (SSRN) report for [Dep name]. Security screening case for [Dep name] is completed and our recommendation was issued to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on 2023 08 06."

So yes, CSIS referred to their processing as security screening. It is part of the same screening process, along with CBSA.
I see. Both CSIS and CBSA have security screening. However, CBSA security screening is longer than CSIS security screening.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I see. Both CSIS and CBSA have security screening. However, CBSA security screening is longer than CSIS security screening.
My guess, is that CBSA screening is not necessarily longer but that having a case sent to CSIS delays the whole file and once CSIS sends it back to CBSA it goes back to the bottom of the queue - which is why it's taking so long.

I feel this is the case, since PA's screening was not sent to CSIS, only the Dependant's - and PA's CBSA screening went from "In Progress" to "Passed" 13 months ago according to the gcms notes.