+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after COPR

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
How to call IRCC within a min.

Go to ur play store or Apple store, download an app called Viber. After confirming it, dial +1-800-267-6788

Calling hrs is between 8am and 4pm which is 12noon to 8pm (GMT+2) time at the moment.

They operate in such a way that before there client support can receive calls, it must be exactly 8am

So you'll call them like 3 mins to that 8am

When you call, you'll first press 1 to select English

You'll press 2 to be connected to IRCC and this period, they'll tell you that client support department is closed but never mind.... Continue

After that you'll be asked to press 1 to provide your UCI but press 2 that you don't have

It doesn't affect anything because once they pick you'll still provide your UCI again and you need not to waste time providing it again thereby taking more time you are spending on the call

So this period, you'll be asked to choose number again, you can take style to waste time by listening to the options so that the time would be like 1 min to 12 noon. Your phone time

The next number you'll choose is after pressing 2 that you don't have UCI is 3

After that, the next number you'll press is 2

Then the last number to direct you to the agent is 0, the moment your time changes to 12 noon exactly, press 0

Infact, the call won't spend 5 seconds before an agent will pick

If you missed this time, you can try it later but what they'll tell you is that there are plenty people on queue. You have to call back later and if you are lucky to be connected, get ready to wait for as long as 1hr if at all an agent picks it.
Hi
thank you for detailed explanation but the downside of this was that calling is not going through from viber as well. Apparently you have to be in canada or your number should be canadian to call them. Have a tried viber before or I am doing anything wrong.

Eso55

Star Member
Mar 20, 2023
Hi
thank you for detailed explanation but the downside of this was that calling is not going through from viber as well. Apparently you have to be in canada or your number should be canadian to call them. Have a tried viber before or I am doing anything wrong.
of course you are doing something wrong. If you follow the instructions you should be now to speak to an agent with the Viber app. You don’t need to be in Canada or have. Canadian phone number..

Make sure you follow the prompt code as it is in the instruction and the timing also.

Eso55

Star Member
Mar 20, 2023
Hi
I got my copr in april 2023, I got married in may 2023 but did not know the process where i had to inform ircc. now copr expires in 10 days. Already raised webform but they said my information has been passed to the concerned office and they will get back to me. It has been 20 days since this and till now no reply and my copr expires on 4th march 2024. What should I do ? will i lose of chance of PR if I don't receive reply before 4 march. How can i expedite this. Please reply
Hello @suansh, please update us.. Did you get a reply from Ircc yet now that your COPR has expired?

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
What will be the validity of the new COPR which will be issued post adding your spouse to the application? Anyone has any idea? Need to know because Im in a similar situation, I will be getting married soon post which I will add my spouse to my application. My medicals will expire in May 2025, I will inform IRCC as soon as I get married however I need to know how they calculate the validity of the new COPR so that I can plan my landing post marriage accordingly

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What will be the validity of the new COPR which will be issued post adding your spouse to the application? Anyone has any idea? Need to know because Im in a similar situation, I will be getting married soon post which I will add my spouse to my application. My medicals will expire in May 2025, I will inform IRCC as soon as I get married however I need to know how they calculate the validity of the new COPR so that I can plan my landing post marriage accordingly
It is always tied to either 1 year from expiry of your medicals, or the expiry of your passport - whichever comes first.

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
It is always tied to either 1 year from expiry of your medicals, or the expiry of your passport - whichever comes first.
So in my case, will they ask me to redo my medicals again if I inform them about my marriage in March 2025 and medicals will be valid only till May 2025.

Or will they issue a new copr for my spouse and me with May 2025 expiry? I want to understand how much time will I have before I land in Canada after informing IRCC about the change in marriage status. My spouse will have to give a notice period in his office accordingly

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So in my case, will they ask me to redo my medicals again if I inform them about my marriage in March 2025 and medicals will be valid only till May 2025.

Or will they issue a new copr for my spouse and me with May 2025 expiry? I want to understand how much time will I have before I land in Canada after informing IRCC about the change in marriage status. My spouse will have to give a notice period in his office accordingly
It is upto them to ask, and they usually ask if your medicals are going to expire. Sometimes we've seen them extend medical's validity by additional year(happens a bit rarely though).

Once you add your spouse before CoPR, you will get a single RFV/PPR letter to submit your passports. Both dependents will have the same CoPR expiry date. If you add your spouse after CoPR, your existing CoPR will get cancelled and you both will be issued another CoPR with the same expiry dates.

About how much time you'll get - that's almost impossible for anyone to say. We safely see ~3-4 months minimum that most gets, but I've seen CoPRs with 30 days expiry too. If notice period is an issue, your spouse can come with you to Canada and do a soft landing instead.

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
Hello
Yes, I got reply from IRCC just before my copr was getting expired. They told me to return the visa and copr and reopened my file. I did the same and now the file has been re-opened.

Hello @suansh, please update us.. Did you get a reply from Ircc yet now that your COPR has expired?

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
So recently I got mail from ircc to submit my spouse documents along with proof of funds to be eligible for MPNP express entry FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER. So the current situation in my account is not upto the mark. I don't have sufficient funds. But if we combine mine and my spouse bank balance it comes near to settlement funds required. So my question is should i infuse more funds into my account now (from father or mother as gift deed) or should i show the combined funds of my and my spouse account. Please guide me if you have knowledge about it

suansh

Jan 29, 2024
As a Provincial Nominee Program candidate under the Express Entry system, you had to demonstrate that you met the program requirements of one of the Express Entry federal immigration programs; you appear to be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program. To determine whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada as a member of the FSW Class, they must meet the settlement funds requirement pursuant to sub-paragraph 76(1)(b)(i) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

In order to assess whether you meet the settlement funds requirement “in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations”, please submit the following:

➢ Letters from any banks or financial institutions issued in the last month which must
• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
• include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
• include your name and the current date
• list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
• include, for each current bank and investment account o the account numbers, and the date each account was opened o the current balance of each account, and the average balance for the past 6 months