+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking to migrate to Canada from SL within a year or two, what are my options?

aaronperies

May 15, 2024
I'm a software engineer and I hope to migrate to Canada within the next 2 years. I'm looking up Software Engineer jobs in SL for the time being and hoping to save up around 2 mil before moving. But what are my options? I'm hoping to get married (GF is in Canada already for studies) and settle down there with a job. Flying under a student permit is further down on my list and something I am willing to consider only if work is impossible.

I'm eyeing Vancouver over Toronto and have no problem with doing remote work for a company over there (remote work WHILE in Canada I mean). But is there anyone I can talk to who can give me some solid guidance on how to achieve this or something ?? Anyone who has personal experience with a similar matter ? I'm not picky over my work arrangement (on-site, remote / hybrid) as long as I can get a well paying job in my field in Canada so I can migrate and move ahead with my life. I'm trying to rack up some work experience so that I have something to show as proof that I am capable of the job I'm applying for. Any suggestions, links, blog posts, whatever will be greatly appreciated.