+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I got this message todat:
We've reviewed your application and can't process it further. We're sending you a letter explaining why and will return your supporting documents at the same time.
credit card is not charged. applying from inside canada.
Can anyone tell me what can be the reason please??

martin23

Aug 30, 2023
I got the same status message before. Called them, the agent told me there is a clerical error from their side and gave me another file number. May be it worth you to call them and ask about it. best wishes

I got this message todat:
We've reviewed your application and can't process it further. We're sending you a letter explaining why and will return your supporting documents at the same time.
credit card is not charged. applying from inside canada.
Can anyone tell me what can be the reason please??

Reactions: Jalalcananda

canvisanewuser

Dec 10, 2023
Ottawa
Hello Folks, I don't find a thread for in-person applications hence posting my query here.
I have submitted the application in ServiceCanada-Passport services on May 10 and the tracker status shows as received and progress.
standard SLA is 10 days and its passed by now.

Any insight on the current wait times for the passport dispatch for in-person applications will be greatly appreciated.

canvisanewuser

Dec 10, 2023
Ottawa
Hello Folks, I don't find a thread for in-person applications hence posting my query here.
I have submitted the application in ServiceCanada-Passport services on May 10 and the tracker status shows as received and progress.

Any insight on the current wait times for the passport dispatch for in-person applications will be greatly appreciated.
Found the thread for In-person applications. Will post there too. Thank you in advance.

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016

I applied on 17-May and they gave me a mailing date of June 3 - roughly 15 days later and told me i can expect the passport to reach my by June 10.
Did they tell you to expect passport mailed out after 10 business days?

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
Father's passport application (take two after photo rejection):

Sent from New York State (USA): Friday 26 April 2024
Delivered in Gaitneau (UPS Worldwide Express): Monday 29 April 2024 (+1 business day)
Credit card charged: Friday 10th May 2024 (+9 business days)
Approved/Mailed (via FedEx express) on online status tracker: Friday 24th May 2024 (+10 business days.)
Tendered to FedEx: Monday 27th May 2024 (+1 business day).
Delivery: Scheduled for Today via FedEx overnight, but it's still in Memphis so doubtful.

So end to end excluding mailing time, you could consider it either 19 business days (FedEx label generated) or 20 business days (when they tendered it to FedEx), which is just making the service standard of 20 business days (excluding mailing time).

No sign of the supporting documentation being sent back separately, which the status tracker notes may take up to six weeks, and I assume will be via regular international mail rather than FedEx overnight.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
My mail application was refused and returned for credit card problem! Can I submit it again with same form and pay there directly by credit card? Please advise

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
Another passport application from the US, new (not a renewal / PPTC 153) (sibling)

Sent via UPS Worldwide Express 1st May 2024
Delivered to Gaitneau 9th May 2024
Credit Card Charged 21st May 2024 (+8 business days)
Approved/Mailed 28th May 2024 (+8 business days)
Delivery via FedEex scheduled for today 29th May 2024

Issue date: 23 May 2024. Issuing authority Gaitneau. New design.

Total processing time excluding mailing: 16 business days, well within the 20 service day standard. Pleasantly surprised.

Supporting documentation (old passport for father, birth certificate for father, citizenship certificate for brother) was included in the same FedEx envelope as the passport.

Last edited: