+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change from Study to Closed Work Permit, directly, fully & without finishing my stuy?

Samirah2016

May 14, 2024
I am a master degree international student in Tornto, I am half way through> For all reasons and since I have a job offer from a private school here, I want to end my study permit, and apply for a closed work permit. Would this prevent me from continueing as a "domistic student" on my pace? Other aspecys, how long it took to be approved for LMIA? Is it difficult for example for a private school in Toronto to be aaproved for LMIA to give job offer to an international student on a study permit, or easy to get approved? What is length for the whole proccess to obtained a closed work permit? A crucial question, can I drop out and cancel my study permit and swith to only a status of closed work permit via a specific employer? Or there is no way legally and I am obligated to continue on a study permit as an international student? Some says that I can not at all change completly and directly from a study permit to work permit, instead that I have virst to drop study permit and obtain a visting visa status, then apply for a closed work permit??!! Can you or anyone with knowledge help me out, please? What should I do? Thanks