+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PGWP : WP-EXT document not received and UCI + Biometric Details not updated

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hi Everyone,

I applied for a PGWP on 21 April 2023. After submitting the application, I got the Confirmation of Online Transmission. After 24 hours, I got the submission confirmation document. However, I still haven't received the WP-EXT document which some of my friends have gotten in 24-48 hours after submission. Furthermore, UCI Number and Biometric details have still not been updated when I visit the application status check page. Is this normal? In the past, I have gotten Submission Confirmation instantly and biometrics + uci number update has also been instant.

Requesting your help with this.

This is what it looks like on the application status page
Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: <MY_NAME>
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): This section is blank
  • Application number: <APPLICATION_NUMBER>
  • Date Received: April 21, 2023
  • Biometrics: This section is blank too.
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:

Reactions: Reet092580@

tejashri

May 12, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I applied for a PGWP on 21 April 2023. After submitting the application, I got the Confirmation of Online Transmission. After 24 hours, I got the submission confirmation document. However, I still haven't received the WP-EXT document which some of my friends have gotten in 24-48 hours after submission. Furthermore, UCI Number and Biometric details have still not been updated when I visit the application status check page. Is this normal? In the past, I have gotten Submission Confirmation instantly and biometrics + uci number update has also been instant.

Requesting your help with this.

This is what it looks like on the application status page
Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: <MY_NAME>
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): This section is blank
  • Application number: <APPLICATION_NUMBER>
  • Date Received: April 21, 2023
  • Biometrics: This section is blank too.
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
Hello Devanshumevada,

Even I am facing the same issue. i don't see my UCI and Biometrics updated and it's just the same as you mentioned above? did you get the UCI and biometrics now? i applied on may 9th 2023.

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hello Devanshumevada,

Even I am facing the same issue. i don't see my UCI and Biometrics updated and it's just the same as you mentioned above? did you get the UCI and biometrics now? i applied on may 9th 2023.
Yes I was able to get it updated by raising a technical issue. Just open your application on GC key, scroll all the way down and you will see a button labelled report a mistake or issue on this page or something like that. Click on it, fill out the form and submit it.

In my case, after submitting that form, within 2 days, those details were updated. Furthermore, after 24 hours of UCI and Biometrics being updated, I did get the WP-EXT for PGWP letter.

This looks like a fairly common issue from what I heard from my classmates.

Reactions: Reet092580@

Naga Bharath

Mar 21, 2024
Hello I applied for work permit on Feb 15th but till now I didn't received wp-ext form
And my visa gonna end my April 30th.
I already raised an webform but till now they didn't responded.
Does any one have same issue

Mar 26, 2024
Hey my uci and biometrics not updated. I applied for my extension on 22 mar 2024.Can someone provide me guidance. I applied for technical glitch but Is it automatically resolved or do I need to contact ircc can someone guide me what I have to do now. My visa expire date is 30th April and I am worried.

BCGO

Jan 17, 2024
I just sent a webform, cause today turned 5 days since I submitted it!. Thanks anyway!

Maninder@744

May 16, 2024
I have same issue, I submitted my application on 13 may 2024 but I didn't receive WP-EXT LETTER as well as my UCI AND biometrics not updated yet. Anyone help me to solve this issue.

Mar 26, 2024
Hello Devanshumevada,

Hey, wait for 1 week if it’s not done raise a support ticket with ircc. My details updated in a week.

Reactions: Maninder@744